Lloyd’s Register issued an infographic, presenting the results of a joint research conducted by LR and UMAS, concerning what are the most important things that need to happen to make zero emission vessels a reality.
- 80% of the participants agree that zero emission vessels are needed
- 75% agree that a carbon price is needed
- 85% are concerned about upstream emissions
- hydrogen, biofuels and batteries were ranked as the most important options.
- The reliability and scalability of technologies is more important than the cost
- Technologies need to be proven and validated by 2030