China’s Maritime Safety Administration (MSA) will carry out special security inspections on vessels entering Shanghai Huangpu River & Yangtze River Shanghai from 15 September through to 15 November. If a ship entering the concerned waters is found to be carrying a drone, the MSA will require the vessel to dispose it immediately.
Foreign ships which intend to navigate or carry out cargo operations in Shanghai Huangpu River & Yangtze River Shanghai, or alongside the port therein, should report to the MSA with the required information. The MSA will conduct special security inspections together with port state control during the implementation period.
Special security inspections shall include but are not limited to:
- Ship security certificates;
- Security records ;
- Vessel Gangway and/or pilot ladder security control measures, etc.;
- Security control measures for boarding personnel and their baggage, etc.;
- Onboard restricted area marking and control measures, etc.
During the ship security inspection, the ship security related records will be checked to:
- Verify ship crew information;
- Whether the ship carry any form of drone ;
- Whether the ship security officer is familiar with the corresponding security measures for the different security levels.
If the ship entering the concerned waters is found to be carrying a drone, the MSA will require the vessel to dispose it immediately before allowing entry to Shanghai Port.