CMA CGM announced the launch, starting July 2, of its new service between the East Mediterranean, Djibouti, Arabian Gulf, Pakistan and India. The service is one of the fastest between these strategic zones and connects CMA CGM hubs in the Mediterranean and the Arabian Gulf.
INDIAMED will complement the MEGEM (East Mediterranean to/from Middle East) and MEDEX (West Mediterranean to/from Middle East & Indian Sub-Continent) offering synergies between services, to allow an improved port coverage of these areas and better connections.
The service will be operated in collaboration with its affiliate APL and its Ocean Alliance partner COSCO. Rotation will be: Khor Fakkan – Karachi – Nhava Sheva – Mundra – Djibouti – Jeddah – Damietta – Piraeus – Malta – Aliaga – Mersin – Port Said West – Khor Fakkan
The new service will improve the following trades:
- East Mediterranean to India and Pakistan with a new direct and fast service
- East Mediterranean to the Gulf, to complement existing services but with faster transit times and increased reefer capacity
- Gulf, India and Pakistan to Djibouti with a new direct service
- India and Pakistan to Red Sea and East Mediterranean with direct calls in Turkey, Malta and Pireaus with the possibility of connection to a wide array of ports in East Mediterranean, Adriatic, Black Sea and North Africa.
- East Africa to Europe via an optimized transshipment in Djibouti
- Djibouti to U.S. with an optimized transshipment in Damietta, and to Europe through Mediterranean hubs
The French-based company recently launched another service, connecting India, the Indian Ocean, the Middle East and Southern and Western Africa, under its Midas program.