| Code: 129244 |

TINNews |

TIN news:  New South Wales (NSW) Government agency Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has revealed that a 14km stretch has been completed on the Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek Pacific Highway upgrade project, enabling traffic movement on two new lanes between Range Road at Dirty Creek and south of Grays Road at Halfway Creek in Australia.  

The 14km stretch has been completed as part of Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek project, which is jointly funded by the Australian and New South Wales governments.

Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek project is part of $4.36bn ($3.27bn) 155km upgrade of the Pacific Highway to two lanes in each direction.

Transport authorities will be diverting traffic on the new lanes in a contraflow pattern in order to enable seamless construction of the new southbound lanes.

"Transport authorities will be diverting traffic on the new lanes in a contraflow pattern in order to enable seamless construction of the new southbound lanes."

Authorities will also set-up a provisional intersection at McPhillips Road until the new southbound lanes are built.

Buses travelling in this region will be using the new temporary intersection and authorities have also set-up a new stop at the northern end of the access road.

Around 70% of the Pacific Highway between Hexham and the Queensland border to the four-lane divided road has been upgraded by RMS, which is expected to complete the remaining 30% upgrade works by 2020. 

Approximately 70% of upgrade works carried out by RMS include a 23km road stretch between Oxley Highway to Kundabung project, a 14km road between Kundabung to Kempsey, the 20km road from Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads, and a 26km road upgrade between Woolgoolga and Glenugie.

 

Send Comment

Latest news The most viewed news The most popular topics
Book introduction Magazine introduction Transportation weekly

Multimedia