| Code: 93365 |

TIN news:   The UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency issued guidance providing updated information regarding training for seafarer careers.
Foundation degrees
Deck and engineer officers can study in areas of marine operation and marine engineering. Study programmes include studying for the officer of the watch (OOW) seafarer qualification. Courses cover management competencies as well as technical content. Foundation degrees are not available in Scotland but you can study equivalent programmes for merchant navy qualifications. These cover the same content as the foundation degree.
Higher National Diploma (HND) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) certificates
HND and HNC qualifications lead to a UK Certificate of Competency (CoC). Those issued by Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) and Edexel must be completed in an MCA approved training centre if they are being used towards gaining a CoC. In some cases there are collaborative schemes with overseas colleges where the qualifications are gained through an approved UK training centre – these are known as 1+1 schemes
Find more information about entry routes and training below

Send Comment

Latest news The most viewed news The most popular topics
Book introduction Magazine introduction Transportation weekly روزنامه تین